Specialized Dental Treatments for Gum Diseases at Our Yeovil Clinic
Proper oral hygiene is crucial for maintaining healthy gums and teeth. However, even with regular brushing and flossing, many individuals still develop gum diseases that require specialized dental treatments. At our Yeovil Clinic, we offer a range of specialized treatments to effectively address different gum diseases and restore patients’ oral health.
Gum diseases, also known as periodontal diseases, are infections of the structures around the teeth, primarily affecting the gums. They are generally caused by the buildup of plaque, a sticky film containing bacteria that forms on the teeth. If left untreated, gum diseases can lead to serious complications such as tooth loss and damage to the jawbone.
One of the most common gum diseases is gingivitis, which is characterized by inflamed gums that may bleed during brushing or flossing. If not treated promptly, gingivitis can progress into a more severe form called periodontitis. Periodontitis causes the gums to recede from the teeth, forming pockets that become filled with bacteria and infection.
At our Yeovil Clinic, our experienced dental professionals provide specialized treatments for gum diseases, including:
1. Deep Cleaning (Scaling and Root Planing): This non-surgical procedure involves removing the plaque and tartar buildup from above and below the gum line. Scaling removes the plaque from the teeth, including the surface of the roots, while root planing smooths out rough spots on the roots where bacteria tend to accumulate. Deep cleaning helps to eliminate infection and allows the gums to heal.
2. Antibiotics: In some cases, our dental team may prescribe antibiotics as part of the treatment plan to help control the infection and promote healing. These antibiotics can be taken orally or applied topically directly to the affected areas.
3. Periodontal Surgery: For advanced cases of gum disease, surgical intervention may be necessary. Our skilled periodontists can perform procedures such as gum grafting, flap surgery, and bone grafting to repair damaged gum tissue, reduce pocket depth, and regenerate lost bone.
4. Laser Therapy: At our Yeovil Clinic, we also offer laser therapy as an innovative treatment option for gum diseases. Laser treatment helps to remove infected tissue, promote healing, and stimulate the regeneration of healthy gum tissue.
5. Ongoing Maintenance: After undergoing specialized dental treatments for gum diseases, it is crucial to maintain regular dental check-ups and professional cleanings to prevent re-infection and monitor the health of your gums.
Our team of highly trained dental professionals at Yeovil Clinic is committed to providing the highest standard of care for patients with gum diseases. We believe in a personalized approach, tailoring treatment plans to address yeovil dental clinic patients’ specific needs and restore their oral health.
If you are experiencing symptoms of gum disease, such as swollen or bleeding gums, bad breath, or loose teeth, don’t hesitate to contact us at Yeovil Clinic. Our friendly staff will be happy to schedule an appointment and help you on the path to healthier gums and a beautiful smile. Remember, early intervention is key in successfully treating gum diseases and preventing further complications.